Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: This gives a whole new meaning to "Altec cluster..."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    This gives a whole new meaning to "Altec cluster..."

    Vintage Altec Lansing equipment Part I - Lansing Heritage Forums


    Finally, something that leaves me at a loss for words.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member notloudenough's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2008
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: This gives a whole new meaning to "Altec cluster..."

    Ahhhhhh! a pure sociopath. And I'm almost there. I like.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: This gives a whole new meaning to "Altec cluster..."

    Good grief, Charlie Brown!
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: This gives a whole new meaning to "Altec cluster..."

    A rig for tinnitus masking?

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: This gives a whole new meaning to "Altec cluster..."

    this guy gets an 'atta boy' from me....all thats missing is a pic of the amp rack an speaker selector control
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: This gives a whole new meaning to "Altec cluster..."

    I missed the half dozen tweets scattered around the first viewing. That makes 14 HF horns, and if you count the cells as individuals (which they are up high), that makes 35 separate, criss-crossed HF wavefronts... before the wall/ceiling/interhorn bounce...

    Added;
    I really need new specs... missed those 12 other cells aimed at the ceiling. uhh...naught, naught, carry the one, = 47...

    Part II;
    Vintage Altec Lansing equipment Parts I & II - Lansing Heritage Forums
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.